Welcome to Oatlands Primary School
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Monday 23rd May - Casey North Division Cross Country
- Wednesday 25th May - Grade 1 Penny Farthing Incursion
- Wednesday 25th May - Grade 3 Wild Action Incursion
- Tuesday 31st May - ICAS Science Test
- Friday 3rd June - Grade 2 excursion to Queen Victoria Market
- Monday 31st October - Student Free Day
- Tuesday 20th December - Student Free Day
- Term 1: Friday 29 January to Thursday 24 March
- Term 2: Monday 11 April, 2016 to Friday 24 June
- Term 3: Monday 11 July, 2016 to Friday 16 September
- Term 4: Monday 3 October to Tuesday 20 December
It has been a great start to school again this term. Term 2 is another busy term with a full range of programs and events taking place, including Active April, ANZAC Ceremony, Grade 4 Camp to Phillip Island, 2017 Prep Open Day, Cross Country Running Trials, NAPLAN, a range of Mother's Day activities, Grade 2 Queen Vic Market Excursion, Grade 6 Public Speaking incursions, University of NSW Testing, school reports going home, parent-teacher interviews and Student-led Conferences.
This term the Getting Ready in Numeracy and Mini Literacy programs get underway with our Grade 1 students, along with extension program Thinking Outside The Box. These programs join our existing support and extension programs Reading Recovery, Toe-by Toe Reading, Speech, Confident Kids Music Theatre Program and Spellfabet. All of this is in addition to the great things that are an ongoing part of Oatlands Primary School.
We are continuing to develop our school facilities this term. This includes extending the concrete footpath in front of the new portables and linking it up with our walking track and preparing the dead tree at the front of our school to be carved into small native animals.
Enrolments are now taking place for Prep 2017. If you are considering Oatlands Primary School we would encourage you to enrol as soon as possible. A reminder that our Leap into Learning program for next year’s Prep students will start during the week of 29th August and run through until the end of November.
From the start of this term the Casey Council will have installed the signs for a drop-off and pick-up zone, which will take up the first 8 car parks in front of Oatlands Primary School office. These spaces will be a maximum of 2 minute drop-off/pick-up spaces. This will allow more families to park, pick up/drop off their children and then leave.
Take a minute to have a look at our feature blog, you never know you may see someone you know or read the latest entries from all of the school's blogs.
Check out some of the other blogs here.