Welcome to Oatlands Primary School
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Fri 17th Jul
- Wed 22nd Jul
OPS Cross Country Trials Casey Fields
- Mon 27th Jul
- Fri 31st Jul
Weird and Wacky Accessories Day
- Tue 18th Aug
Edwin Flack District Athletics Casey Fields
- Tue 25th Aug
Fathers’ Day Breakfast
- Wed 26th Aug
Life Education Van Prep – Grade 6
- Term 3 Mon 13th July – Fri 18th September
- Term 4 Mon 5th October – Fri 18th December
Welcome back to school following our mid-year break. On the first Monday back of this term we had the opening of the new playground and landscaped area at the front of our school. A number of special guests were in attendance including:
- our recently retired Prep Teacher, Mrs Jenny Robinson who cut the ribbon and officially opened our playground;
- the Landscape Architect behind this project, Ruth Czermak, from Botanical Traditions;
- from the Coolabah Landscape, the company who have carried out the project, Peter Axford, Josh Barclay and their team;
- our Assistant Principal, Mrs Marguerite Jones;
- our School Council President, Mr Jason Lewis;
- and our PFA President, Mrs Lauren East-Wuillemin.
The planning for our new playground was started over 12 months ago and the first soil was turned early January of this year. A full range of people have had input into the design of this project, including staff, school council, students and the Leadership Team. This new play space includes:
- Pirate ship playground with many individualised areas
- 6 Under-cover chess tables
- Spiral small pebble sandpit
- 3 mini trampolines
- Bush Telephone
- Old fashioned water pump and water loch system
- And a number of seated areas
We anticipate that this new play area will help develop students’ gross motor skills, coordination, imagination, developmental play and social skills, which will be a benefit to our students not only now, but into the future as well.
Term 3 is another busy term with a full range of programs and events taking place, including Oatlands Primary School House Athletics Trials (grades 3-6), Grade 4 incursion Just Like Me, Grade 5 visit to the Apple Store, Prep PJ Day, Junior School Council Weird and Wacky Accessories Day, Prep Responsible Pet Ownership incursion, Grade 5/6 and Grade 3/4 Hoop-time, Grade 1 Penny Farthing incursion, Maths Extension Day, Grade 1 Road Safety Visit, Grade 2 Seaweed Sally incursion, District Athletics, Fathers’ Day Breakfast, Grand Parents’ Day, Life Education Program, Grade 3 Mini Beast incursion, Grade 5 Sovereign Hill Camp, Grade 4 International Food Day, Grades 3-6 Forensic Science incursion, Book Week Dress-up, School Disco, Grade Prep Community Helper Day, University of NSW Testing and our Leap into Learning Program for students who are enrolled for Prep in 2016.
Take a minute to have a look at our feature blog, you never know you may see someone you know or read the latest entries from all of the school's blogs.
Check out some of the other blogs here.