Welcome to Oatlands Primary School
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Tuesday 12th - Thursday 14th July – Learning By Doing Woodwork (Grade 3 and 4)
- Thursday 14th July - Sporting Schools (Grade 2 and 3)
- Thursday 21st July - Oatlands Primary School Oatathon
- Tuesday 26th – Wednesday 27th July - Sovereign Hill Camp (Grade 5)
- Tuesday 2nd August - University of New South Wales ICAS English Testing
- Wednesday 3rd August - Oatlands Athletics Carnival
- Friday 5th August - Oatlands Olympic Day
- Monday 8th August - Hooptime Competition (Grades 5 and 6)
- Wednesday 10th August - Mini Beast Incursion (Grade 3)
- Tuesday 16th August - University of New South Wales ICAS Maths Testing
- Thursday 18th August - Edwin Flack District Athletics Carnival
- Friday 19th August - Maths Extension Day (Grades 1 to 6)
- Tuesday 30th August - Father's Day Morning
- Wednesday 31st August - Grandparent's Afternoon
- Monday 31st October - Student Free Day
- Tuesday 20th December - Student Free Day
- Term 1: Friday 29 January to Thursday 24 March
- Term 2: Monday 11 April, 2016 to Friday 24 June
- Term 3: Monday 11 July, 2016 to Friday 16 September
- Term 4: Monday 3 October to Tuesday 20 December
Welcome back to school following our mid-year break. We have a busy start to the term, with the naming of our classroom kitchen, which will become The Marguerite Jones Kitchen following Assembly on the first day back from our mid-year break.
Our Classroom Kitchen was built in 2008 and has been an important part of student learning ever since, not only for the skill of cooking, but much more. Our students have learnt about food groups, science of cooking, health with food preparation, food traditions, cleaning up and dishes, attitudes and values towards cooking, serving food to their mums as a part of Mother’s Day celebrations and the pleasure of eating what they have cooked.
Marguerite has been an integral part of Oatlands Primary School for 20 years, in the classroom, as Assistant Principal and in our classroom kitchen. Marguerite has been cooking and preparing a range of food for staff both in and out of our classroom kitchen. The taste of Marguerite’s soup and yo-yo biscuits has been such a delight and something we will remember for a long time. Since Marguerite’s retirement last year we saw it as only appropriate to name our classroom kitchen after Marguerite.
Term 3 is another busy term with a full range of programs and events taking place. These include the Oatlands Primary School House Athletics Trials (grades 3-6), Learning By Doing Woodwork (Grade 3 and 4), Sporting Schools (Grade 2 and 3), Oatlands Primary School Oatathon, Sovereign Hill Camp (Grade 5), University of New South Wales ICAS Testing, Oatlands Athletics Carnival, Oatlands Olympic Day, Hooptime Competition, Mini Beast Incursion (Grade 3), Edwin Flack District Athletics Carnival, Maths Extension Day (Grades 1 to 6), Father’s Day Breakfast, Grandparent’s Afternoon, Book Week Dress-up, School Disco, Grade Prep Community Helper Day and our Leap into Learning Program for students who are enrolled for Prep in 2017.
Take a minute to have a look at our feature blog, you never know you may see someone you know or read the latest entries from all of the school's blogs.
Check out some of the other blogs here.